Saturday, April 9, 2011

Motivation

My husband and I watch a lot of psycho thrillers and suspense movies.  He likes that the most.

I don't get into horror much, but he likes it so I watch it with him.  He is really good at watching

 my movies with me as long as it isn't one of my daughters Barbie movies.

While watching a movie together, I said 'I bet I could write a movie you would be interested in'.

That started everything.  I began writing a book for my husband.  I thought about the entire thing

like it was a movie.  I chose which perspective to use to tell the story and the movie played out in

my head.  It was interesting and very new to me.  I didn't know how I was going to get enough

words to make chapters and fill a book.  I started with psycho guy --> victim --> the end.

That was not even enough to fill a post it.  I was really surprised at how fast I completed the book.
 
I was already known for staying in my office at work.  During slow season, I would find all

sorts of things to keep me busy.  I really wish I would have kept track of when I started the book

 and how long I really took.  I don't remember, but I would be surprised if it was 4 months.

I actually started writing the book a couple of years ago.  It took me a while to decide that

I wanted to publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment