Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Journey

In only a few months, my book will be published and I invite everyone to read it.  It is entitled SJR: See Jane Run and is a psycho-thriller/suspense.

The journey to getting published was exciting.  I was very lucky.  My first submission was accepted.  The first thing I had to get done was go through editing.  Editing is a very time consuming but much needed step.  I didn't have too many errors, but some things were brought to my attention that I never would have realized and I feel that it made the book stronger.  The experience reminded me of waiting for test results.  It was similar to the longest pregnancy test on earth.  Any woman who has taken a pregnancy test knows the feeling of pacing and staring into the little window in search of the LINE.  The only difference is that I was staring into my email in box everyday in search of some news.  Once Editing is done, the ball really gets rolling.

I have to say that it is very exciting to work with all the different departments in the books production.  I have gone through text block already and am currently in the process of having my back cover created.  :)
The information for a press release is being gathered.  I could get used to this.

I will be posting information as it comes in.  I can't wait to see the cover.
Eventually, this will be a good place to hear what my readers thought about the book.

Talk to you soon,
Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment